Zhāng Zǐyí, was born 9 February 1979. She is a Chinese actress and model. She is considered the most well-known Asian actress in the West.
You probably remember her from the Movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000). However she is best known for her appearances in several blockbuster movies such as:
Rush Hour 2 (2001), Hero (2002),House of Flying Daggers (2004), 2046 (2004), The Banquet (2006)
Her most critically acclaimed works are Memoirs of a Geisha (2005), which earned her a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama, the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role; and The Grandmaster (2013), for which she won 12 different Best Actress awards to become the most awarded Chinese actress for a single film.
She is one of the most beautiful women, not because we say so but the world clearly agrees. She has been named on many lists as the hottest, sexiest and most beautiful women.
According to wikipedia:
- Ranked 2nd of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan (2001).
- Named one of the 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 by Teen People Magazine (2001).
- Named one of the 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 by Teen People Magazine (2002).
- Ranked No. 91 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002)
- Voted at No. 100 in FHM’s “Sexiest 100 Girls of 2002”, UK edition. (June, 2002)
- Ranked in the top 5 of “Forbes China Celebrity 100” list every year from 2004 to 2010.
- Named by Entertainment Weekly in their “The Must List” 2005. Listed 38th out of the 122 people and things the magazine “loves” this year, Ziyi was the only Chinese to be included.
- Selected by Southern People Weekly magazine as “Chinese Top Ten Leaders of the Younger Generation” in 2005.
- Listed in People’s “50 Most Beautiful People” List in 2005.
- Listed in TIME’s World’s 100 Most Influential People. They called her “China’s Gift to Hollywood”.
- Ranked one of the “100 Most Beautiful Women in the World” in the July 2005 issue of Harpers & Queen magazine. It was her first time on the list. She was ranked number 15.
- Voted in at No. 86 in FHM’s sexiest women in the world in 2006. She had not appeared in the list since 2002.
- Topped Japanese Playboy’s “100 Sexiest Women in Asia” list and was featured on the cover (April 2006)
- Voted No. 1 in E!’s “Sexiest Action Stars” list in summer 2007.
- Included in People’s 100 Most Beautiful People in the World (2007). This is now her third appearance on the list after 2001 and 2003.
- Ranked No. 3 in Japanese magazine Classy’s “Super Perfect Head-to-Body Size Ratio List” in January 2009.
Image Credits :